I may receive a commission if you purchase products through the links on this page at no additional cost to you. This helps me keep this site free but doesn't affect my opinions in any way.
There are countless awesome gifts you can give to lacrosse players. Between opting to purchase something for safety, style, or performance, your options are limitless.
When first starting out, many people struggle to think of what to get their lacrosse-loving friend or family member. It’s important to ask yourself simple questions like: “What equipment do they already have?”, “How old is their current equipment?”, “Have they mentioned anything recently that they’re interested in?”.
These are just a few examples of some questions you should be asking yourself when thinking of what to buy a lacrosse player as a gift. If you know that they have been complaining about their cleats for the past month, then focus on that. If you know that their bag is old and all of their equipment is new, then maybe focus more so on that.
Aside from simple observations like these, you can always ask them too. Obviously, you may not always want to do this so you can keep it a surprise, but it’s never a bad idea to find out if there’s anything specific that they want or need to help them enhance their skills or even to have more fun with the game.
To help you figure out what to get that special someone, we have compiled a list of the best gifts for lacrosse players.
Getting a Lacrosse Player New Gear as a GiftHere at Lax Drip, we have a number of gear guides to help you choose the perfect gift for your player. Click on any of the pages linked below to see our top picks for that category.
A New Lacrosse Stick
- Complete Lacrosse Stick: A great option for beginner players to learn the game with and play in lower levels of competition.
- Lacrosse Head: The head of a lacrosse stick can be used to carry, shoot, pass, and catch the ball. They can come in a variety of colors, designs, shapes, and sizes.
- Lacrosse Shaft: The shaft of the lacrosse stick is the main part of the stick, and therefore finding a great fit is essential. Shafts come in varying weights, materials, shapes, and colors.
- Fiddlestick or Mini Stick: A miniature lacrosse stick is a safe and fun way to introduce the game to younger players and a great option for messing around with friends in the backyard.
New Lacrosse Gear
- Lacrosse Gloves: There's no worse feeling than getting a hard slash on your hands when running down the field. With a good pair of gloves, players don't have to worry about that.
- Lacrosse Arm Pads: Arm guards provide players with protection anywhere from the upper bicep area, down to the upper part of the wrist depending on the type. They typically are made with a hard-shell plastic on the exterior surface, giving them resistance from hard checks.
- Lacrosse Cleats: Lacrosse cleats help players get better traction for moving around the field. They come in high-cut, mid-cut, and low-cut options, as well as a variety of sizes and colors.
- Youth Starter Set: Starter kits are a great way for beginners to get all of the lacrosse gear they need to step on the field. They can save time and money as compared to buying all the gear individually.
- Lacrosse Visor: Lacrosse visors are made to keep your eyes safe during competition, helping to avoid any finger poking or dust going into your eyes. They generally come with tinted options as well, so you can find a color that best suits your style. Be sure to read about the legality of helmet visors before purchasing one for your player.
- Lacrosse Helmet: With lacrosse being such a physical game with fast-moving balls and sticks, keeping your head safe should be the #1 priority for any athlete.
Lacrosse Field Equipment
- Lacrosse Balls: Getting your player new balls is always a safe bet. Over time, old balls lose their grip, making it harder to get used to how your stick will throw in games.
- Lacrosse Rebounder: These are a great way to practice your game when away from the field or if you don’t have a wall for wall ball. You can practice throwing and catching, receiving feeds, and more with these useful tools.
- Lacrosse Goal: A lacrosse goal is a great way for players to get more shooting reps in than they do at practice alone.
- Portable Lacrosse Goal: A portable goal allows you to move it anywhere that you want to practice. If your player won’t be just leaving the goal in the backyard, go with a portable option.
- Lacrosse Backstop: Lacrosse backstops are primarily used so that lacrosse balls don’t fly past the net as you are practicing your shots. Finding and collecting balls is a good way to tire yourself out, and it takes away the time and energy you could be using to enhance your game in other ways.
- New Lacrosse Goal Net: Over time, lacrosse nets get holes in them. There’s nothing more frustrating than shooting accurately on goal only to have the ball go through the net and fly away.
Other Gifts for Lacrosse Players
Kid's Astronaut Lacrosse T-Shirt
Vintage Lacrosse Wall Art
Lacrosse Training Gifts
Lacrosse Shooting Target
Agility Training Set
Miscellaneous Lacrosse Gifts
Equipment Odor Eliminator
Have a suggestion for another great lacrosse gift? Comment below!